Invisalign are invisible braces, and they’re better than traditional, old braces. All you have to do is wear trays every two weeks. And it has attachments. We don’t have to extract any teeth. We just do a little bit of slicing between the teeth so that the teeth have space to move. So, the research has shown that patients who are complying do faster as compared to the traditional, old braces.
There’s No Need to Worry About Dietary Restrictions With Removable Aligners
You already know that having a nice smile can work wonders. When you meet someone with straight teeth, they seem confident, friendly, and trustworthy. You can get those benefits as well when you transform your smile with Invisalign aligners.
Invisalign was originally developed as an alternative to braces for adults who wanted straight teeth without wearing brackets and wires. Today, it’s a popular solution for teens and adults. These orthodontic aligners are sought out because of the advantages they offer over braces:
- Comfort – Your aligners are custom-made for you and your teeth. They will fit perfectly at each step of your treatment. Wearing smooth, plastic aligners won’t irritate the soft tissues of your mouth the way that brackets and wires can.
- Convenience – Braces are worn 24 hours a day, every day, until your treatment is over. Aligners can be taken out for up to a few hours each day. Specifically, you can remove them to eat (so you won’t have to give up your favorite foods) and to perform your daily oral hygiene.
- Simplicity — Changing your aligners is much easier than getting braces adjusted. If you have ever worn a sports mouthguard, then you can put on your aligners and take them out.
- Transparency – Some people refer to Invisalign as “invisible braces.” Because the aligners are clear and customized to fit your teeth, they seem to disappear when they are being worn.
- Effectiveness – Invisalign has proven to be effective on a variety of dental problems including crooked teeth, crossbites, crowded teeth, gaps between teeth, open bites, overbites, and underbites.
Make Invisalign Treatment Part of Your Smile Makeover
As wonderful as clear aligners can be on their own, many people like to combine them with other cosmetic and restorative services. You can:
- Follow your orthodontic treatment with whitening to brighten your new smile.
- Get a crown or veneer to repair a chipped tooth.
- Start with gum reshaping, so your straight teeth will be more visible when you are done.
Make your orthodontic treatment part of a larger smile makeover!
Call 703-596-1529 to redefine your smile with Invisalign in McLean, VA. Or make an appointment online. See what our team at Smiles & Dental Care can do for you!